Thursday, September 18, 2008

food and food politics

Assignment on food and food politics


Report on Friday
December 22, 2006
Yesterday I went to bazaar for buying muri and chili’s dust. A shopkeeper who is very knowing faces. I wanted to buy some muri and chili’s dust from him. I said please mama give me ½ kg muri and ¼ kg chili’s dust. The shopkeeper gave me a brand new packaging muri and chili’s dust. I asked him please give me open item , I do not want brand and packaging item. But the shopkeeper said to me, open item is not good quality and not good for health. I asked again in this packet’s muri is fried with mixed urea, do you know? The shopkeeper said to me he did not know, he angry to me and said if you want to buy product then take it, if you do not want then you can go. At last I bought some muri and chili’s dust and think packaging food is everywhere even you do not want.

Report on Saturday
December 23, 2006
I was walking in the footpath suddenly I heard, a small children was crying and saying I want pran I want pran I want to drink it. Pran is a brand name mango juice. It is very popular in our whole country. Every child knows about it. I thought sometime, it is the reality everyone is influenced by branding. This is not only for food item. When someone pronounces a brand name then we can understand oh! It is a particular product item.

Report no Sunday
December 24, 2006
I was going to bazaar for buying something. One of my roommates told me, please buy a pack of chanacor for him. I came back to room after half an hour and gave him a pack of
Chanacor. But my roommate was not satisfied to me because the Chanacor pack was none branded. He said to me it is a local item. It is not good for health. That’s why he wants ruchi chanacur because it is a famous branded chanacu.But he can not understand that brand item also not so good.

Report on Monday
December 25, 2006
Today is unmukh’s uncle’s birth day. I and my friend unmukh were walking in baily road for buying birth day’s cake. At first we want to swish cake shop. I want to buy a pasty cake. But unmukh said his aunt told to him to buy a choke let cake. His aunt also said that it will be buying from hot cake shop because the shop was new and they made good cake. That’s why we go back to hot cake shop and bought chocolate cake. But when unmukh’s sister saw the cake, she said that it is not good quality. She thought swish cake is best quality. I thing she is influenced by old branded because swish cake shop is older and famous rather than hot cake shop.

Report on Tuesday
December 26, 2006
Today I sat in ULAB café for eating something. I saw one of my friends was drinking pepsi. He was smart guy and fell good. I asked him. You know it is not good for health. In this café had other branded soft drinks and fruit juice. But he was not interest about those kinds of drinks. He only wants pepsi….!

No comments: